Hooray, Claz.org is finally out of beta after 10 months of development and testing.
While in our beta, we’ve implemented and tested numberous updates to our engine, focusing primarily on ease-of-use and making search more effective:
- We’ve added more than 200 classifieds websites, forums and message boards to our search database, which now stores over 16 million classified ads
- Better ad previews – with bigger thumbnails and brief ad description
- Search filters – search by keyword, category, price and location, nationwide or within up to 250 miles radius
- Saved Searches and Email alerts – users are notified when new ads matching their criteria are posted
- Scam/Spam filtering – we’ve integrated with automated malware / spam filtering engines and added community moderation – to keep our users safe.
- Filters for duplicates – duplicate content posted in multiple cities or on mulptiple different sources is now filtered
In addition to optimized search/browse functionality, we’ve added our own ad posting service with a number of features that we believe will help our users’ listings to get more visitors:
- Automatic listing quality indicator (quality listings will attract more visitors)
- Auto-suggest categories – for better targetting
- Auto-suggest images for listings without photos (independent research shown that visitors are 90% more likely to click on listings with photos)
- Users’ email addresses are hiddent from spam bots, replies to users’ listings are filtered using our spam / scam filter
- Filter replies to user’s listings using our spam / scam filter
- Syndicate your listings to multiple websites (still in closed beta, coming soon)
Our work pipeline is still full of fresh ideas. A lineup of new features is expected over the course of a couple of months – all to save our users time and eliminate the need to search across multiple classifieds sites.